Okay so earlier this week I got all inspired about setting up a new blog page and the beautiful "sunny"template I found to use. Monday night I came home from work and drew a sketch of an idea I had for a card. Today I finally sat down and after 2 attempts here it is!!! "Rainbow Wish". Hope you like it. Inspired initially by Naomi Elliot's New Kaszazz Scrapbook workshop (2H188) "Whimsical Love - Pages & Pockets. I have used a bit of everything including my favourite - water colour crayons. I used them to colour the rainbow freehand, and then for the flowers across the bottom. I coloured directly onto the stamp and then spritz lightly before stamping. I used vivid inks for the sunshine because it is so bright and I stamped onto gloss card so that it's nice n shiny!! For the tree I used some of the new "Bella" paper - Borders & Dots (4833)
The other project I had this week was to prepare a photoboard as a memorial to my Grandmother (by marriage) Nelly Malcolm, who passed away on Tuesday 18th March 2009. She was 101 years old and what an amazing life she had. Again I was inspired by the fresh new Kaszazz Range and also the Team Builders Session given at our 2009 Conference by Anne Howie, a party plan expert who was very down to earth, practical and very encouraging. She discussed a scenario with an elderly lady sitting quietly under a tree with her grandson on her lap telling him about her life and achievements. I though this was a relevant scenairo for the photoboard so I incorporated this onto a large canvas and then added lots of beautiful photos of Nelly, her life achievements and family. I have attached a photo. I was a bit nervouse about what the family would think being that they are not " Crafty" but they loved it and have now asked me to make the Thank You cards.
Well that's all for now. Have a great Day!!!
Kym -xx-
Thursday, March 26, 2009
My Cards
Posted by Kym at 4:16 PM
Labels: My Designs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment